If you do not know your password:
- Navigate to aurorauniversity.okta.com
- Select "Need help signing in?" at the bottom of the log in prompt
- Select "forgot password?"
- Enter your email address or username in the text field
- Select "Reset via SMS" or "Reset via Email
- Depending on your choice, Okta will either send a text to the phone number registered with your account (click here to learn how to set this up), or send an email with additional instructions on resetting your password.
- If you selected "Reset via Email" simply follow the directions in the email.
- If you selected "Reset via SMS" enter the code sent to your device in the text field and click "verify".
- After this, simply create your new password.
If you do know your password, but would like to change it anyways:
- Log into your Okta account.
- Once on the dashboard, click your name in the top right corner.
- Click "Settings".
- Click the green button labeled "Edit Account" if it appears.
- Note, this rarely appears.
- Under the "Change Password" section, enter your current password into the "Current password" text field
- Enter a new password in the "New password" field (For security, passwords should be around 8 characters long, contain a mix of upper and lower case characters and should have at least 1 number.)
- Confirm the password in the "Confirm new password" field.
- Click "Change Password".
If you have completed the steps above and you still have trouble logging in, contact ITS!