All students, faculty, and staff receive an email account upon enrollment or hire at AU. Our email is entirely browser based, which means you do not need a client (such as Outlook) to view your email. Also, your email is accessible 24x7 on any device with a web browser.
To use Outlook:
- Open a browser of your choice (We suggest Chrome or Firefox)
- Please note, Safari and Internet Explorer may be poorly supported.
- Navigate to aurorauniversity.okta.com
- Log in using your Aurora University username and password
- Click the Office 365 tile
- After this step, you may be asked if you would like to stay signed in. Select yes if you wish, but please do not do so on public computers.
- Click the Outlook Icon
- If this is your first time signing in, you may be asked to select your timezone. If you live in Illinois, the timezone is UTC-6:00 (US and Canada).
- Additionally, you may see welcome prompts and be guided though a tour of Outlook. You may skip this if you wish.
After following these steps, you will be in your inbox. See our FAQ for additional information on customizing and using Outlook.