To get started, view the Quick Tour video (less than 8 minutes long) for an overview of UI 5 Web. This option appears the first time you log in to UI 5 Web.
If the Quick Tour doesn’t appear automatically, select it from the Help menu.
Following are helpful things to know when working in UI 5 Web:
- To delete the contents in a field, highlight the contents of the field, and then hold the <Ctrl><Alt>D keys down at the same time. For example, to delete the Catalog year, highlight “C2014 2014-2015”, and then press the <Ctrl><Alt>D keys.
A complete list of keyboard shortcuts is available from the Help menu.
- Click on the tabs to switch between person search and form search.
- By default, a person lookup will stay closed in the context area (circled). To change this default, click on the pin to the left of the context area and its color will change. You can switch between the two choices.
- To close the Active Context record, click on the X.
- To scroll through rows in a list, left-click inside one line of the rows and the scroll bar appears.
If the scroll bar is in your way, click on the bar, holding down the left mouse button, and drag it out of the way. You can move it to any place on the form.
The scroll bar has the option to export all of the rows to Excel. Click on the Excel icon which opens an Excel spreadsheet containing the contents of the rows in this list.
Following is an example of an Excel spreadsheet with the rows from the list above.
- When performing a lookup, switch between Card View and Grid View to view the entries in a different format.
- To close a list of lookup results without selecting one, click on the X at the top right hand corner of the search results page.
- Processes related to correspondence such as printing letters, sending email, or noting a document received from a student are called Communication Management processes. Many of these require you to enter “ST-” before the form name (e.g., ST-CRI, ST-DOC). This also may be required for other forms if they don’t display when you enter only the form name.
- You can save a person to Favorites by clicking the star in the Context Area
- You can save a form to favorites by clicking the star on the UI Form Area
Click the Favorites tab to access your saved Favorites.