Frequently Asked Questions
- On the main page for the moodle shell, click "participants" on the left
- Click the gear in the top right
- Select "Groups" from the dropdown
- Click "Create group" on the bottom
- Change the settings of the group (Name, Description, etc)
- Click "Save Changes" on the bottom
- Select the group from the text area on the left
- Click "Add/remove users" on the right
- Select the users on the right and click Add in the middle to add them to the group
- Click "Back to groups" on the bottom
- Repeat steps 4-10 until you have all the groups filled
- On the main page for the moodle shell, select the quiz
- Click the gear in the top right corner
- Click "User overrides" or "Group Overrides"
- Select Add user override or "Add group override"
- Enter the name of the student/group and ensure it is selected
- Enter the override for that student/group whether it be time, attempts, etc.
- On the main page of your moodle shell, click "Grades" on the left.
- Ensure the drop-down in the top left corner is set to "Grader report."
- Use the bar at the bottom of the page to scroll to the right until you have reached your grade item.
- Click the pencil icon next to the title of the quiz.
- You should now see a table of students and their scores. Scroll down until you have found the student you wish to override.
- Check the "Override" checkbox.
- The field under "Grade" should now be white. Enter the score you wish and click "Save" on the top or bottom right.
AU does not have a license to use Respondus which is paid software, however, it's possible to convert a word document into exam questions in your course question bank natively in Moodle. The following link outlines the process:
[Document]Converting a Word Doc to a Moodle Quiz