The "Whiteboard" feature in zoom allows users to display a blank canvas to illustrate their talking points.
- Sign in to Okta
- Select Zoom from the dashboard
- Select settings on the left
- Scroll to the "In Meeting (Basic)" section and ensure annotation and Whiteboard are enabled.
These should be enabled by default.
- When in a meeting Select the "Share Screen" button from the toolbar
- Select "Whiteboard" from the list of screen share options.
- A blank window and a toolbar will populate.
- Select: Manipulate annotations. This includes moving and resizing. To select multiple annotations, click and drag across the area containing your annotations.
- Text: Insert text.
- Draw: Allows the user to draw lines and shapes.
- Stamp: Pastes an icon such as a heart or star.
- Spotlight / Arrow: Click on this feature to select spotlight/arrow.
- Spotlight: The feature is similar to a laser pointer. It will illuminate the area around your mouse pointer.
- Arrow: This feature is useful for placing arrows next to your annotations. Each time you place an arrow, the one before it will disappear.
- Eraser: Erases individual annotations. Click and drag over the annotation to remove it.
- Format: Changes the format of the annotations such as color and width.
- Clear: This will delete all annotations. If you would like to delete only one annotation, you may select it and press delete, or use the eraser tool.
- Save: This will save all present annotations as a screenshot to the local recording location.
When you have finished, click "Stop share" from the zoom toolbar