Zoom has a security feature that forces people joining your meetings to log into a valid Zoom account. This will restrict anonymous people from joining your meetings. You can set this up when you are scheduling a meeting, or if you are editing a meeting that is already scheduled.
Enabling this feature for a new meeting
- Sign in to Okta
- Select Zoom from the dashboard
- Select "Meetings" on the left
- Select "Schedule a New Meeting" at the top
- At the bottom, under “Meeting Options” select the option for “Only Authenticated Users can join”. If the meeting is among AU personnel only, please ensure "Aurora.edu Zoom Account" is selected from the menu. This will restrict the zoom meeting to Aurora University accounts only. Please note, this includes students.
- (Optional) You may add exceptions to the rule by selecting the "Authentication Exception" link just below the setting
- (Optional) Enter the name and email address of the exception(s) and select "Save"
Enabling this feature for a scheduled meeting