Overrides allow students to access quizzes and activities that are otherwise not available to them.
For example, if a student is unable to take an exam during the prescribed time, an override that allows them to take it at a different time can be created.
- Click on your quiz on the course homepage.
- From the quiz landing page, look in the upper right corner of the center section of the quiz page for the ‘edit’ gear wheel. Click on the gear wheel.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click the ‘User overrides’ option.
- On the next screen, click on the “Add user override” button.
- Then on the “Edit override” page, select the student’s name for the “Override user” section. (You can search or select from the “Search” drop-down.)
- You can adjust the following settings:
- Require password –Require the individual with the override to enter a password to complete the quiz.
- Open the quiz & Close the quiz –Adjust the open and close date/time windows. Don’t forget to check to “Enable” button so that you can adjust these settings.
- Time limit –Change the time limit. Don’t forget to check to “Enable” button so that you can adjust this setting.
- Attempts allowed –Allow more (or less) attempts than the quiz defaults. Scroll down and adjust the necessary settings.
- To allow a single student a different amount of time, you would adjust the “Time limit” setting here as required.
Don’t forget to double-check that the “Close the quiz” date/time has not already passed or you will need to adjust this setting as well.
- When you are done, click either the “Save” to finish or “Save and enter another override” to save and add another override to the same quiz for an additional student.