Starting in November, the URL will change to securesso.aurora.edu. This document will be updated when that change has been made.
Installing Global Protect VPN
- Go to https://secure.aurora.edu
- Log in using the same username and password that you use to log onto your computer
- To download the VPN Client please select the “Download Windows 64 bit GlobalProtect agent”. Save the file then run the file and follow the prompts to complete the install.
- Once installed, the VPN client will pop up and ask you for a portal address, such as in the screenshot below. Enter “secure.aurora.edu” without any quotation marks.
- The client will then prompt you for a username and password, shown in the screenshot below. Use the same username and password you used in step 1.
- Open up the icon tray in the bottom right of your screen, and click on the icon that looks like the circled icon in the below screenshot.
- Make sure the client shows “Connected” and you’ll be all set to go
If you have any issues, or the client doesn’t show as “Connected”, please contact the ITS Help Desk for assistance by calling 630-844-5790 or by sending an email to email@example.com
Using Global Protect VPN
After the client is installed, you can start it by opening the Windows Start Menu, then type “GlobalProtect”
Alternatively, you can launch the client from the Windows Icon Tray, in the bottom right-hand side of the screen. The client will show with an icon of a globe, just click that and the client will come right up. The icon is circled below in red.