Scheduling a recurring meeting
- Sign in to Okta
- Click Zoom
- Select “Meetings” from the vertical navigation bar on the left
- Select “Schedule a meeting” on the right
- Enter your preferred meeting settings
- Select “Recurring meeting” and enter the frequency of the meeting as well as the end date
- Click “Save”
- Click “Copy invitation” on the “Invite Link” row
- Share the invitation via email or on your Moodle page
If you’d like to share your personal meeting ID, you can as well.
Personal meeting IDs can be enabled in your profile settings
Sharing a zoom link on Moodle
- From your courses main page, select “Turn editing on” in the top right
- In your preferred week, select “Add an activity or resource”
- Select “Label”
- In the “Label text” field, enter a short description and the link to your meeting.
You can also link your personal meeting room
- The link will now show in your courses main page
Starting a Zoom meeting from the podium
- After signing in to the computer, double click the zoom icon on the desktop
- A browser should automatically open to Okta. Please sign in
- You should be redirected to the desktop zoom app. If prompted to permit zoom to open, please allow.
- Once signed in to zoom you should see your recurring meetings on the right.
- Click “Start”
The camera, microphone and speaker should already be select by default. Once the meeting is started click the “Join audio” button to enable the speaker and microphone. The camera should automatically turn on and face the podium
To view and manage participants, click the participants button on the toolbar along the bottom. A vertical navigation column will populate on the right. A list of all zoom participants will show in this column. Selecting the “More” button that shows when hovering over a user will show a list of options for managing that user